FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Over the years, we’ve been asked countless questions about the local moving services we offer in and around the Fort Wayne area. Here are a few of those questions and the answers we provide:
Q: How much do your services cost?
A: For the most accurate estimate of what it will take for our team to help with your move, give us a call today. Each and every home or commercial move is so different, so we cannot provide specific information on our website. We like to thoroughly discuss your moving needs with you so we can provide you with the most accurate estimate.
Q: How soon can you get me in your schedule?
A: In most cases, our movers can be available within one week of calling us. With moving houses or apartments, we understand many times you have little control over the day you need to move out.
If you have an urgent need to move on a specific day, we will do whatever we can to ensure our team is available that day. However, if we do have a scheduling conflict, we will refer you to another moving company in Fort Wayne we highly recommend.
Q: Is there anything you cannot move?
A: Great question. Our team and equipment is capable of handling just about anything you ask us to move. However, we recognize there are times you need something unusual moved (old barn, very large and heavy machinery, shed, mobile home, etc.) our team may not have the staff or equipment to handle.
In these cases, we will review the work needing done. If we are unable to service you needs, we will recommend another company more equipped to address these needs.
Q: If I have others willing to help, will it reduce my price?
A: Yes! If you have other people helping with your move, we should be able to get the job done faster. The less time we are at your house, the less it will cost you. We’ve performed many jobs where all we helped move was the large items after all the smaller boxes and personal belongings were moved out of the house.
Many people know they can handle moving smaller items, but want professional moving help for the larger items like dressers, beds, appliances, pianos, or safes in their house.
Q: What should I do while you’re moving my belongings?
A: The simple answer is “nothing”! You’re paying us to take care of your moving needs, so please let us do all the hard work so you don’t need to do. Should we need to ask you any questions, we can give you a call.
Q: How can I prepare to ensure I have a successful move?
A: There are a few general principles we tell people who work with us to help guarantee a successful, stress-free move:
- First, be sure to start packing as early as you can. Most people have items in their home they don’t need on a daily basis. Try to pack everything except the essentials way ahead of schedule to prevent unnecessary stress.
- Secondly, try to liquidate any items you know you either don’t need or don’t want in your new home. If you have boxes of items you’ve been meaning to sell or get rid of for a while, there’s no reason bringing these items to your new house. Plan on having a garage sale, taking unwanted items to a thrift store, or selling what you no longer need on an online platform like ebay, facebook marketplace or offer up.
- Thirdly, ask for help! At Fort Wayne Movers, we offer packing and unpacking services at a very reasonable and affordable price. Our team knows how to pack items safely and efficiently to ensure everything stays in tack and damage free during and after your move. Call our office today to learn more about these services.
Q: What kind of packing advice do you have?
A: There are so many great tips out there when it comes to properly packing your belongings. Moving.com has some great advice, but here are some other pointers we’ve discovered along the years:
- Avoid topless boxes. These are impossible to stack and almost always tip over at the most unfortunate time
- If possible, pack items, especially electronics, in their original boxes. The original box is designed to protect items as good as possible. If you don’t have the original box, consider making one using packing tape and scissors. This can take a little longer, but can save you thousands.
- Stay away from putting items from different rooms in the same box. It’s convenient to do when your packing, but makes it impossible to find anything when you start unpacking.
- Don’t procrastinate and don’t short cut the packing phase. Cutting the corners when packing your belongings leads to confusion and frustration once you’ve moved in. When you should be enjoying your new home, your busy looking for all your essential belongings. This also leads to a more expensive because oftentimes we end up buying items we cannot find.
- Dispose of any hazardous products before you move. Moving companies cannot transport dangerous materials so don’t even ask.
- Ask friends and families for unused boxes, unused packing materials (newspaper, packing peanuts, form, paper shreds, etc.). You never know who may have something laying around that can save you some extra time and money during your move.
- Don’t try it alone. Moving is a daunting task, especially if tried alone. Don’t be afraid to ask friends and family for help with your move, but be sure to repay the favor in some way. Offer to buy them dinner, get them a gift card, buy them a nice cup of coffee or do something special with them after they help you move.